Closed 11 Medusa bugs

I finally closed some Medusa bugs now that the fixes are in HEAD. Hurricane Isabel's distractions delayed me for a few days. I got a reply from Calvin Smith who seemed pleased that his patch was finally applied--two years after he submitted it. I have another set defects almost fixed. I'll close them with the 6.1 release which targets Nautilus. I finally located my sophomoric error in the signal handling of the GUI Medusa search tool I'm making. I think the rest of the changes will go quickly and I hope to have Medusa ready to provide Nautilus with the search functions it needs. The next biggest lot of bug is the indexer, which I hope to close in October.