Xan was quick to catch that I borked my modernization of Medusa's autotools. I have no idea what inserted the
m4 dir into my Makefile.am, but it was very naughty. I do not have any macros to install, so i removed all references to
m4. I note that GNOME's macros do not support AC_PROG_LIBTOOL to run
libtoolize --force, so I reverted to AM_*.
Sri asked about a command line tool for search.
msearch offers find/slocate like functionality. It supports content and mime-type matching in addition to the standard file matching rules.
Oh blast. I lost the mime-type criteria when I updated
msearch-gui to GTK 2.4. I better update the glade file.